Sunday, July 6, 2014

CREPE PAPER TECHNIQUE

Hello girls,

It is time again for me to share another technique with you and hope that you will try this one in your layouts.  The effect you will get will be stunning and amazing.
Firstly for my layout I started with kraft card and white crepe paper.  You can use white card or any other colour, it will just depend on the effect that you want to achieve.
Tear the crepe paper into uneven strips and glue to your cardstock.  When dry you can then spray with paint or glimmer mists.
Now you are free to play around with pastes and templates to build your background.

For mine, I added different colours of Liquid Pearls to Impesto paste and proceeded to use my hexagon template.  As I swiped each colour of Impesto with a moist towelette and this was the result so decided when it was dry to add to my LO.
I then used C'ordinations cardstock  I love using this cardstock as it is fantastic to show the core colour when  distressed  and placed over the background.

Then I placed the towelette over this then photo and other embellishments as suited.  Here is the end result.
So I hope that you will try this technique and experience the fun of it all.  So until next time...happy scrapping and thanks for taking the time to look :)  Love Liz

3 comments:

  1. Wow Liz, this is a fabulous technique! I haven't really thought of using crepe paper before, but I will get some & work on a LO or card with it.
    Wonderful - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An awesome technique Liz!! Love the effect you get!! Thanks for sharing this with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really neat. Great effect....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love! We enjoy reading your comments x