Saturday, May 24, 2014

Inspiration Post: Acetate and Alcohol inks

Hello again and today I am back with another inspiration post.  I find these the most difficult post of all.  Anyhow I hope you like what I came up with.

What you will need
Acetate template
Cardstock template
Acrylic paint and paintbrush
Alcohol inks  
Blending tool
Stamps of your choice


For this project I used Lots of Labels

  Apply a few drops of Alcohol inks to the stamp and then blend them together with your blending tool.

Now stamp onto the front of your acetate template. Let the ink dry.  (I used an old acetate gift box.  I never throw them away as you never know when you will need it.) For the purpose of this tutorial and photographing I stamped some  ink to get a clearer picture.

Once the ink has dried, turn your template over and paint the back with your paint.  You can go lighter or darker, it is really up to you.

While the paint is still wet, turn your template back to front side up and stick down onto your card stock.  The wet paint replaces having to use glue.

The end result on a card.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you all have a wonderful day
~ Michelle~
Find me on FACEBOOK!!

6 comments:

  1. Now this is fabulous Michelle...quite a quick but oh so effective technique! I am sure the scrappers will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful technique Michelle!! Love the end result, great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the look of this technique and the green as a bkgrd color looks fab. I didn't realize paint would stick like glue. Good to know. TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat technique! Really like how it ends up looking. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time I've ever seen this technique... it's very effective Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love! We enjoy reading your comments x