Wednesday, May 7, 2014

INSPIRATIONAL POST - BUTTONS, BUTTONS AND MORE BUTTONS




 Buttons, buttons and buttons.  
Well I know we all have them and if you are anything like me we have a lot of specific colours and a lot of mixed colours, all different shapes and sizes.
So in an effort to use some up or just plain get rid of some, I set to working on a layout.

 Firstly I cut an 8"x8" piece from cardstock and  glued the buttons on to fit.

 
 Then covered them all with Gesso.
When completely dry, I then sprayed with 3 different Glimmer mists  and here is the result.

 
It was now ready for a backing to my layout.


Well girls I trust that this has inspired you to work on using up some of your buttons, with gesso and glimmer mists.  I just loved playing around with this.  Don't feel that you can only use this technique on a layout, it works just fine on a card with a few less buttons.  Actually on a card it looks great with threads through the buttons.  So why not give it a try.
Until next time.......happy scrapping  Liz



2 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea Liz...
    Fabulous way to use up those buttons, & then the gesso & mists...perfect! I will be trying this one really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat! What a clever thing to do...and the result is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love! We enjoy reading your comments x