Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Inspiration Post:"Altered Foil Tag"!!

Hey Everyone!! It's Elina here with another inspiration post for the Feeling Sketchy blog.
For this post, I decided to use Ranger Foil Tape sheets to create a tag.
I recently purchased a set of these Foil Tape sheets from Michael's and couldn't wait to use them.
I watched a tutorial on YouTube on how to emboss and add color to these sheets using alcohol inks.
So I decided to give it a try.
I was pleased with how easy it was to add color and emboss it.
You could also stamp and paint these sheets as well , so the possibilities are endless.

Here is a list of the supplies I used and a step by step photo representation of the process:

  • Ranger Foil Tape Sheets- 6 x 12"
  • Manila Tag- 2 1/4 x 5 1/4"
  • Adirondack Alcohol Inks- Any color of your choosing (I used Wild Plum and Butterscotch for this tag)
  • Cuttlebug and Embossing Folder
  • Heidi Swapp Chipboard Elements- Butterflies
  • 7 Gypsies Pyramid Studs
  • Stamper's Anonymous, Tim Holtz Idea-ology Ransom Alpha Parts


To start off, I traced the manila tag onto the foil sheet with a stylus and cut it out.
I used a hole punch to punch out the hole on the top.
And then, I moved on to the embossing and coloring.


This is the tag after I embossed and colored it.
I love the deep impression you get with these Foil Sheets and it takes color well.
I dabbed on my alcohol inks and was able to build up the color to make it more vibrant.
Once I had the coloring finished, I used my heat tool to set it, removed the paper backing to expose the adhesive and attached it to the manila tag.


To embellish the tag, I added a few butterflies, the sentiment "Life, Love", some pyramid studs and pearls.

And ta-da tag complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project and got inspired!!
Enjoy your day!! :)







7 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful version of foil tag and your flourishes and sentiment is too good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I love this! Love this technique and the way it all turns out. It's gorgeous...going to have to buy some of this foil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this looks fantastic. Lovely sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tutorial Elina...I have not heard of foil sheets, so will go on the hunt for them in Australia...I would love to make some of these tags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi love the tag it looks amazing I cannot wait to try this thankyou so much for this lesson lucky for me I do stock them thanks again Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that TFS 1st time visiting you here at your blog. hugs from California
    Bibiana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love! We enjoy reading your comments x