Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Inspiration Post | Colouring Vellum with Copics

Hey there Sketchies!

It’s Leanne here with you today to share a quick and easy technique to add to some colour to plain vellum die cuts. 
I have a huge stash of goodies that never seems to get any smaller and today I decided to play with some older items from my stash. 
I gathered some plain vellum, old Cuttlebug dies and my Copic markers with an idea to make a Thank You card for a dear friend.
I started by cutting some different shaped leaves from the vellum.


I then chose a couple of colours of Copic Markers to work with and went about colouring the reverse side of the leaves. You don’t need to colour perfectly – I think it looks better if your colours are a bit streaky!


Now it’s time to give the leaves some texture! I like to fold the along the centre of the leaf and then simply scrunch them up and unfold slightly to ensure there is lots of dimension. 


I then used Brilliance ink in Galaxy Gold to add some sparkle to the edges and creases of the leaves.



Now you have lovely handmade embellishments to use on your future projects!

And this is my completed card where I have added a Prima flower to coordinate with the yellow vellum leaves. 


I hope this has inspired you to get out your dies, vellum and markers and make your own embellishments.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful idea.. I know I have some sheets of vellum in the drawer..... somewhere!!hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love! We enjoy reading your comments x